Types of Massage
Pre- & Perinatal
Puts focus on restoring the body to its pre-injury state. Combining the following techniques:
- Trigger Point Massage A trigger point is a constriction within a taut band of muscle that refers pain to other areas of the body when pressure is applied. Trigger point therapy focuses on these points and should generally only be used by someone who will seek regular treatment until the problem is resolved.
- Deep Tissue Massage Beneficial for those with chronic pain, deep tissue uses slow strokes and direct pressure to access the deepest layers of muscle and fascia to release chronic patterns of tension in the body. Deep tissue massage also rids metabolic waste, and releases adhesions to, and prevents scar tissue build up from, injuries between muscle and connective tissue.
- Deep Tissue Sculpting Slow pressure only to tissue resistance, no movement is made until the tissue releases allowing the therapist to move with the fascial release. A form of Myofascial Release.
- Hot Stone Massage In rehabilitative massage, stones can be used to prepare the areas of resistance.
Pre- & Perinatal Massage Therapy
Massage during pregnancy is essential in aiding a mother-to-be to remain comfortable and active by relieving muscular tension and structural discomforts, enhances body awareness, and offers emotional support to reduce anxiety and stress.
- Labor Massage Taught to couples to relieve the fear of the unknown, birth preparedness and pain control.
- Postpartum Massage Bringing the body to its pre-pregnancy state.
Is a science based on zones and reflex areas in the feet and hands that correspond to all glands, organs, and systems of the body. The physical act of applying pressure using thumb, finger, and hand techniques to reflex areas, result in the reduction of stress and promote physiological changes in the body, which restores and maintains the body’s natural equilibrium.
Generally used to maximize performance, and substantially decreases the risk of muscular injury. Training, pre-event and post-event massages are also offered.
A relaxation massage combining long gliding strokes, kneading, small circular strokes, friction, joint movement, percussion, and gentle rocking. It is a stress-reducing type of massage with many circulatory therapeutic benefits.
Hot Stone Massage
Stones are strategically placed about the body to melt muscle tension and warm the body aiding in a deeper, more restorative massage.
A seated massage performed in a special massage chair over the clothes and lasts 10-20 minutes. It focuses on the large muscles of the back, neck, and arms. There are also situations where a client is unable to lay down on a table, in which case chair massage would be used.